SEPTEMBER WORSHIP SCHEDULE
This past week our church council decided to keep the same worship schedule through the month of September that we have been doing:
- 9:00am OUTDOOR WORSHIP
- 10:30am VIRTUAL WORSHIP on Facebook Live
If there is questionable or bad weather, a decision will be made about the Outdoor Worship service by 8:00am that Sunday. Any cancellation will be advertised via email & on Facebook. If the Outdoor Worship is cancelled, it will automatically become an Online Service at that same time (9:00am).
A SERVICE OF LAMENT & REMEMBRANCE
As the death toll of COVID-19 continues to grow in the hundreds of thousands, the weight of loss is heavy on the hearts of the people of God. As you well know, these aren’t just numbers, they are people in our congregations and communities. The Central States Synod is planning an online service of lament and remembrance for Labor Day weekend to name our grief, but also to commend our loved ones and ourselves to God’s care. Once details of this service are released, we will notify the members of Christ Lutheran so you can watch and participate.
ZOOM BIBLE STUDY
This fall Pastor Chad will be leading a Zoom Bible study on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of the month. These Bible studies will start at 7:00pm. A few days before each one, the invitation will go out to the entire congregation along with what verses we will be studying. The passages will be previewing & preparing for what we will covering in worship. Anyone is welcome to join us. For September, our schedule will be:
- 9/9 7:00pm Genesis 2:4-17; 3:1-8, and 15:1-6
- 9/23 7:00pm Genesis 37 & 50 and Exodus 12 & 13
HUMAN NEEDS UPDATE
* Right now we are collecting peanut butter! If you have some peanut butter to contribute, you can just leave it in the drop box or entry way up at church.
* During September we are focusing our efforts on CROP Walk. We are again sponsors for this event but do not yet have a team. Interested people can register on-line. This year the walk will be a virtual event. This is the link to information on the walk and how to register: https://www.crophungerwalk.org/wichitaks/
* Thank you for the support of the Partner’s for Wichita “Filling the Gap” program. This was a quite stressful year to plan because of COVID, but Christ Lutheran came through with lots of donations and volunteer time. Thank you!
* We will continue to accept clothing donations to support the thrift store for Mision San Juan de Dios. If you have clothing donations, feel free to drop them off at church. There are some tubs in the entry way where we are collecting these items.
WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY
The Women’s Bible study will meet next on Sept 10 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Chisholm Trail Park. Please access the park from Oliver and drive to the first picnic shelter on the right. You may bring your own chair if you wish and a mask and bible and we will socially distance. We will begin the first of 3 sessions on “Holy time” in the Sept issue of the Gather magazine.
All women are welcome! Please consider coming even if you do not currently subscribe to the magazine! I hope you will think about sharing highs and lows from the summer and a time when you saw God. For questions contact Rosie Harder.
The risk level for this activity is LOW.
UPCOMING YOUTH ACTIVITIES:
Grades 6 –12
9/2 Wed Disc Golf in Park City
We will meet at Hap McLean Park near the back of the park at 6:00pm. Parents can play or pick up your youth at 8:00pm. Bring your own water & wear comfortable shoes. Discs will be provided if you don’t have any. The risk level for this activity is MODERATE.
9/15 Tues Ball Games & Campfire
We will meet at the Outdoor Sanctuary at 6:30pm for some socially distanced games, devotion & a campfire. The risk level for this activity is MODERATE.
Please note: For most of this fall, our Youth Activities will take place on the First Wednesday & Third Tuesday of the month. Please watch the bulletin for more details & announcements about upcoming activities.