- Our next date to provide sack lunches is Saturday, July 25. We will need help on Friday, July 24 at about 5:00pm to make the PB&J sandwiches and put together the rest of the lunches. We will practice social distancing and do everything as safely as possible.
- We will also need help delivering the lunches on Saturday morning, July 25. We will simply drop them off at St. John’s Episcopal, but we do need one or two people willing to help transport the food. We will not be distributing them directly to the people because their staff will do that.
HUMAN NEEDS UPDATE
Filling the GapThis month Christ Lutheran Church is collecting food for the Partner’s for Wichita “Filling the Gap” program. With our church building being restricted we will be taking food collections only on Sunday mornings during our 9 AM worship time. These snack items can be placed in the main entry way to the church or in the big tub at the Outdoor Service. We are unable to acceptdonations at any other time. This is a listing of items requested by Partner’s for Wichita:
- individually wrapped healthy items that don’t need refrigeration including individual fruit, pudding, or applesauce cups
- beef sticks, beef jerky, Slim Jim’s
- snack bars, granola bars, Chewys,
- cheese & crackers or cheese dippers
- fruit roll ups, dried fruit, raisins packets
- individual goldfish packets or pretzels.To learn more about the “Filling the Gap” program you may check out this link to Partner’s for Wichita – https://www.partnersforwichita.org/filling-the-gap. We are also designating $100 from Noisy Offering to purchase fruit at sites staffed with Christ Lutheran volunteers.
Mision San Juan de Dios Mison San de Juan has taken over the used clothing & thrift store near their church. They will be accepting clothing for the store, shoes and kitchen items such as cups, plates for distribution. If you wish to donate items for them here at the church you may do so only on Sunday mornings at the 9 AM service in the entry way to the church. In addition, we will donate $200 from the Noisy Offering fund for purchase of bus passes assist the congregation. To view information about Mison San de Juan watch this YouTube video
Teacher Assistance If you are teaching school this fall please be aware that Human Needs Committee will be splitting $500 among all the teachers to assist in setting up their classrooms. Typically teachers utilize their personal funds in addition to those provided by the school. This year the schools will have less resources available to the teachers so we would like to supplement them.