It’s been a long time since our congregation has been able to gather for food, fellowship and fun. Every Wednesday in the month of June, we are hosting a community cookout for anyone who wants to come.
Here’s how they work:
- Church will provide drinks, hot dogs & buns, and plates & silverware. You provide a side (chips, fruit salad, etc.) or a dessert to share (if you can…if not, that’s ok too).You may also want to bring a lawn chair.
- They will be outside behind the building at our Outdoor Sanctuary and we’ll be using our brand new picnic tables!
- They will be very informal affairs. Come when you can. Leave when you want. We’ll start gathering around 5:30. If you show up a bit before that, you can help set up. The last folks to stay can help clean up.
- We’ll have balls, Frisbees, and other stuff laying around for folks to play with, but there won’t be any big organized activities or anything.
- If the weather is bad, we will need to cancel and you can watch our Facebook page for that notification.
The purpose is simple: reacquaint ourselves with our church community, hang out, and have a good time. Oh sure, Pastor Chad may have a song for us to sing or a 2-3 minute devotional or some little mixer, but mostly, we just want to get together, enjoy God’s creation, and enjoy each other. Hope to see you there!
PS – If you’d like to be on a setup or cleanup crew, please let Pastor Chad know. It would be much appreciated!