As Lutherans, our worship services have 4 basic movements: Gathering, Hearing, Celebrating and Sending.
- Gathering: We sing, pray, confess our sins, receive the promise of forgiveness, and share God’s peace.
- Hearing: We hear the Word of God proclaimed through the reading of the Bible and preaching. We respond in faith through song, prayer and offering.
- Celebrating: We celebrate Holy Communion at every worship service. It is the Lord’s Table so everyone present is welcome to participate.
- Sending: Filled and refreshed by our encounter with God, we are sent out into the world for mission through singing and words of blessing.
We offer two services on Sunday mornings:
- The 9:00am Contemporary service is filled with praise band music and worship roles for children scattered throughout.
- The 10:30am Traditional service is accompanied by organ, piano, and our outstanding choir.
Attire at both services is however you feel comfortable for worship. The contemporary service is usually smart casual to business casual. As you can imagine, the traditional service tends to be a bit more business casual.
When you arrive for worship there should be plenty of parking out front. If not, the parking lot expands onto any of the flat grassy areas around the lot. As you step inside feel free to hang up your jacket in the entry way. As you make your way into the narthex, you will most likely be met by some friendly members welcoming you in. From the narthex, the sanctuary will be on the left and fellowship hall on the right. Restrooms are down the hall by the front doors. We have a nursery available for children 5 and under, and it is staffed all morning.
You can find a place to sit wherever feels comfortable in the sanctuary and enjoy the service. All prayers and musical lyrics are displayed by projector and are printed in the handout you should receive on the way in. Make sure to fill out the tear-off on the handout so we know you came! Each service is approximately one hour with Communion near the end of the service.
Holy Communion is offered to everyone who desires it. Guests and visitors are welcome to participate. During Communion a small piece of bread will be torn for each person as you come forward. Red wine is offered in small individual glasses and there is a white grape juice alternative in the center of each tray. At the late service, we kneel at the altar railing, and dipping the bread into the chalice is an option. At both services, gluten-free wafers are available upon request.
As everyone leaves the sanctuary, we welcome you to join us in the fellowship hall for coffee, juice, and an array of breakfast treats. Take a look at the Opportunity Table for upcoming events and ministries. As well as our Calendar.
We hope you enjoy your time at our church. We can’t wait to meet you next Sunday!