SEPTEMBER WORSHIP SCHEDULE
Throughout the month of September, our worship schedule is:
- 9:00am OUTDOOR WORSHIP
- 10:30am VIRTUAL WORSHIP on Facebook Live
If there is questionable or bad weather, a decision will be made about the Outdoor Worship service by 8:00am that Sunday. Any cancellation will be advertised via email & on Facebook. If the Outdoor Worship is cancelled, it will automatically become an Online Service at that same time (9:00am).
HUMAN NEEDS UPDATE
- Right now we are collecting peanut butter! If you have some peanut butter to contribute, you can just leave it in the drop box or entry way up at church.
- During September we are focusing our efforts on CROP Walk. We are again sponsors for this event but do not yet have a team. Interested people can register on-line. This year the walk will be a virtual event. This is the link to information on the walk and how to register: https://www.crophungerwalk.org/wichitaks/
- Thank you for the support of the Partner’s for Wichita “Filling the Gap” program. This was a quite stressful year to plan because of COVID, but Christ Lutheran came through with lots of donations and volunteer time. Thank you!
- We will continue to accept clothing donations to support the thrift store for Mision San Juan de Dios. If you have clothing donations, feel free to drop them off at church. There are some tubs in the entry way where we are collecting these items.
UPCOMING YOUTH ACTIVITIES:
Grades 6 – 8
9/30 Wed Confirmation Zoom Check-In
Parents will receive a Zoom invitation early in the week and this class is mostly for the Confirmation students (although if parents have questions, they can participate as well). Pastor Chad will be checking in with them & helping them work through their Seeds of Faith at-home faith experiences.
Please note: For most of this fall, our Youth Activities will take place on the First Wednesday & Third Tuesday of the month. Please watch the bulletin for more details & announcements about upcoming activities.
WEDNESDAY BIBLE STUDY THIS WEEK
This week we continue with our Wednesday Bible studies. These are now happening on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of the month at 7:00pm and we will do them via Zoom. Even if you’ve never tried Zoom before, you are encouraged to check it out and participate. An email invitation with a direct link will go out to the entire congregation later this week. If you don’t receive that information, the Zoom meeting information is in the PDF linked near the end.
Each Wednesday we will be studying the upcoming texts for worship as we go through the biblical story in chronological order. This week we will be looking at:
- Genesis 27 & 50 Story of Joseph
- Exodus 12 & 13 Story of Passover
CHRIST IN OUR HOME
The next edition of “Christ In Our Home” has arrived and is now available. This short daily devotional is published quarterly and the newest edition is for October, November & December. It is available near the Offering Bucket or at the dropbox near the front door.
ST. PAUL’S BREAKFAST
Our next date to serve St. Paul’s Breakfast is Saturday, September 26. Because people are still hungry during this time, we will still be serving this meal to our community. There will be no preparation on Friday night and everything will take place on that Saturday morning at St. Paul’s. We will need about 8 people who are willing to meeting down at St. Paul’s Lutheran (925 N Waco) at 7:00am on Saturday, September 26 to prep and serve the meal. We’ll be doing biscuits & gravy, along with some other sides. Please contact Donn Bischoff if you are willing and able to help. Thank you! The risk level for this activity is HIGH.